Sunday, February 21, 2010

Yoga

I missed a Yoga class this morning, so I decided to practice on my own, on the roof our hotel, overlooking the Ganges (not too hard to take!). I realize how much my Yoga practice is deepening since I have been in India. And Yoga is not only asanas (postures) and stretching. For me, Yoga is breathing, chanting, meditation, selfless service, purification, contemplation, concentration, stretching, and more! So it is life changing for me.

Ever since our time in Kochi where I did daily classes with Yoga Master Sajee, I feel different. First of all, I feel my body is more open and relaxed. I can stretch more than ever and do some difficult positions with ease and relaxation. My breathing is also more open, I am more conscious of my breathing. The chanting I have been doing is sticking in my mind. With no instruments available for me to play, I find myself singing the chants we repeated for many minutes. Also some Hebrew melodies come into my head. I sat at a beautiful spot on the Ganges by some rapids, and started singing some of my own songs. Meditation is easier, and happens during the regular day, much of the time.

Of course, I still lose it! There have been some crazy moments here, and it's not all bliss and grooviness. But overall, the effect on me has been powerful and positive. I am opening up to life, my heart is open, and I believe that if I follow my heart, my highest intuition, my highest self, I will find the best path for me to pursue in my life at this time. I am still concerned about making money, working, dealing with all the ups and downs of life in Canada, and I am hoping I can maintain this clearer space, with work and concentration of course, when we return in March.

Life is wonderful, there is so much love, I am so thankful for my life. I am so thankful for this adventure with my wonderful partner Amy, and for the growth we are both experiencing, together and separately. As Prem Baba said: "God comes to you when you are alone. God is in the silence, the solitude. And relationships are the university of life". Amen! Swaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment